|To Thine own Selfie Be True
It’s only fitting then, that I end the year of the selfie with the thoughts, which cross my mind when I click the shutter. Here they are:
- Why do I look so much better in my selfiethan the pictures you take of me?
- Not this way – that. THAT is my best profile.
- Am I not more natural when I pose with myself?
- Can I snap these, the most intimate parts of me—which I would not reveal even to myself but I would to a mirror?
- For, I am so cool…. And, you can’t touch me.
- Did you see, what I just saw in my selfie?
- All the better to feed my Instagram with…
- Keep it running! Snap… snap… snap… Ah! This one works, perhaps?
- Does this lipstick colour go better with the black dress? What do you think? Ping me back on my selfie.
- … But I do look younger than my years, don’t I?
- Do I want you in my selfie? No, not you. Perhaps you, there? No, not really.
|Did you see, what I just saw in my selfie?
Pic: courtesy Pooja Vir
You bored too? Tell me why you selfie?
Thanks to +sonia ducie Pooja Vir, Prateeksha Vir and +Ashanti OMkar for sharing their thoughts on selfies, which helped me with this piece.
Laxmi Hariharan is a content branding strategist and author of epic fantasy. Follow her @laxmi